ACCOMMODATION CHOICES FOR GROUP CLIENTS If your party is booking instruction or training facilities & / or tuition with Peak Activities we'll be very pleased to help you and your group find the ideal group accommodation & conference facilities for your corporate event or your team's training party..... Peak Activities Ltd's have a wide range of places large & small, grand or modest in & around Hathersage where we can base our Outdoor Development Training Courses, Team-Building Programmes, Jolly Corporate Events and bespoke programmes for our corporate clients. .. Obviously with over 30 years experience of running events for groups in the Hope Valley, we are experts we know exactly which places are best for the moods and budgets of lots of different kinds of groups. ............... You can choose from 4 and 5 star hotel luxury, conference centres which can be booked through our inbound accommodation agent - or book yourselves into a wide range of other lower cost accommodation options such as camping barns, youth hostels and local inns and self catering cottages and houses. The choice is all yours ! This page gives details of the wide range of different groups' and individuals' accommodation options we offer our guests... group accommodation to suit every possible budget & mood.
We also arrange events in the Lake District, Snowdonia & the Austrian Tyrol.
Nicky Brind runs our Groups' Inbound Accommodation Booking Consultancy STEEL EVENTS. Follow her on Twitter @STEEL_EVENTSWe are pleased to announce that we now employ our own embedded group accommodation booking agent, Nicky Brind, who runs STEEL EVENTS - Nicky can easily help group clients to find hotel and conference accommodation and facilities in our area - and elsewhere too for guests wanting hotel or conference venues.This comfortable 3 star hotel & conference facility in the centre of Hathersage is just 100 m from our own base Rock Lea, within easy walking distance of our railway station. It can be booked for group accommodation and training rooms and meals through STEEL EVENTS. ( see below ). It is very popular with our clients. Nicky used to be the Sales Manager at one of our tried and trusted hotel accommodation suppliers on the edge of the Peak National Park and now runs our venue finding facility from offices in Sheffield a few minutes drive from our centre. Nicky has always looked after our clients and has an enviable reputation for dleivering great value for money rates for groups wishing to stay in excellent hotels & conferences facilities. We are very pleased to have appointed Nicky as our preferred supplier for arranging hotel accommodation in the UK and hope you'll agree the deals she canarrange for you are very hard to beat. Please Call Nicky on 07801-818-949 if you are serious about booking hotels or conference facilities in Sheffield, the Peak District or elsewhere in the UK. As a self employed agent Nicky only deals with commissionable sales. If you company has its own embedded travel agency she won't be able to book events for you unless you're paying the venues direct. Call Iain at Rock Lea on 01433-650345 to discuss booking youth hostels, camping barns, etc.
STEEL EVENTS Tel.07801-818949 Click here for a .pdf presentation on STEEL EVENTS'S services.
Group accommodation electives for our residential events' customers... Whether your training party is a big group of "toughies" ...or a small party of lazy "couch potatoes" or a keen bunch of sportsmen and women who will like to relax in an indoor pool or a gymnasium at the end of their day, Peak Activities Ltd has many tried & trusted local accommodation options for all shapes & sizes and moods of groups booking products and services from us.
This web-page details some of the many places we can book your training party into as part of a complete "package" of training and accommodation. These options tend to be booked through by staff in our office on behalf of our group training customers once programmes have been contracted and agreed. Training groups tend to have special requirements for break out rooms, large meeting areas, eating privately as a separate group, and so on.
PLEASE NOTE :We regret we cannot help people find accommodation who are not buying instruction or purchasing training from our company. We're not a tourist information centre, so please call the local TIC's ( which we've listed on our links page ) instead of calling our training consultants if you are just wanting details of local accommodation suppliers.
We always are happy to help our customers choose and book the option which will best suit the mood, nature size & budget of most groups using our services.
SPECIAL DEALS FOR GROUPS
There is a charge for such a service.
- Rock Lea - our own operations centre in the unspoiled village of Hathersage.
- In addition to our own base, Rock Lea, which is available for daytime use as a meeting point and mini conference centre for smaller parties, we have built up close working links with several tried & trusted residential conference & training centres nearby which Peak Activities Ltd now uses regularly for groups of between 6 and 60. We also have some bigger venues for groups of up to 200 taking part in our charity events, team challenges, etc. .. Some of our clients prefer us to book them in to stay in friendly and charming local inns like these ones which are close to our popular activity centre. They offer good food and drink and a warm welcome and excellent value for money. The local inns we use are all hospitable places where we know our customers will be very well looked after. The venues we use can cater for groups from 6 to 150+ people. One such partner facility providing bedrooms, meals, conference rooms and so on is the popular hotel & conference centre in Sheffield - see below. We have worked very closely with their excellent staff over the past decade and are always happy to show training clients around there. In addition to such fine venues which are ideal for larger parties, there are numerous smaller local hotels with good training facilities for indoor working sessions. Camping sites, camping barns & self-catering, youth hostels & cottages are also available for groups who prefer to "rough it" ...although from experience we know customers enjoy good food and warm dry en-suite bedrooms at the end of an action -filled day working outdoors...so saving money and using too basic accommodation can be counter-productive. As a compromise, some groups may wish to stay in a nice hotel for most of their course & spend a night out somewhere more basic ( like a candlepowered camping barn or in one of our tents ) for part of their course. There are a numner of lovely farmhouses in Hathersage with en suite rooms which we can offer to small groups who prefer to be in lower cost but nonetheless warm and cosy B&B accommodation. As we tend to book these veues for our clients who have been up to look at them with us during planning workshops you will not find any of our preferred suppliers' telephone numbers or addresses here on this page. This is a deliberate policy to ensure we match bone fide groups with the very best options available on the dates the clients require.
Above is one of the many superb conference centres set in its own grounds where we've based events when using our training or corporate hospitality services in and around Hathersage. Such venues have been popular with many of Peak Activities Ltd's delegates over the past few years but sadly for us this one is now in private ownership. Many of our tried and proven group conference centres offer single rooms, excellent meals, and first-class large & small conference/teaching rooms. Some offer more economical twin rooms and triple berth rooms. The excellent conference centre pictured below is very popular with our serious training clients and is only a short ride from Peak Activities' own base, Rock Lea, in Hathersage. We will be pleased to show you around this and similar centres if you book one of our events planning workshops and spend time with us discussing your needs in detail. Please note there is a charge for our planning workshops...which is fully refunded against any subsequent bookings. Our event plannning workshop system is a great way to tap into our extensive local knowledge and discuss and plan your proposed event in fine detail with one of our most senior staff. Telephone us, talk to one of our consultants and we can e-mail you more details if it's appropriate. Don't just take our word for it ! Check out the following kind client 's endorsements, thank you notes & press and media comments.
Click on the cat if you have just a small party and just love your creature comforts....
- | Example of one of the 4 & 5 star hotels only 10 mins. drive away |
- | Hathersage Village | | How to get there by air, road & rail |
- | The Hope Valley | | The Peak National Park |
- | Return to Index.| | List of Corporate Clients |
- Click here for a list of accommodation for smaller parties.
- | Example of one of the 4 & 5 star hotels only 10 mins. drive away |Offering an excellent range of group accommodation options combined with imaginative tailored management development courses ensures teams from quality conscious organisations such as Transco BG (pictured here) keep coming back to Peak Activities Ltd for follow-up courses - AND they kindly recommend us to their fellow teams and customers.
Accommodation prices for local conference centres and hotels start from about UK £50 to £140 per day / delegate all inclusive. However, there are cheaper deals sometimes available at weekends. If you share twin rooms it is often very cheap to stay in local hotel's en suite rooms. Our own centre Rock Lea offers a basic level of daytime facilities such as training rooms and is ideal informal groups of 8 to 16 people who wish to keep down their overall costs. By staying in low cost accommodation such as a local inn or guest house B&B and then use our modest meeting rooms during the day. Training Tuition & Bureaux Services are charged extra in all our usual accommodation options. Variables such as bar bills, wine bills, newpapers and telephone calls, etc. are to be paid on the day of departure direct to the accommodation provider.
PROPER PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE !We know that time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted.... so we like our customers to have a good look around a selection of suitable prospective training venues before deciding which to choose. Call us to set up a suitable meeting. Inspection visits can be combined with an initial meeting at our offices in Hathersage to discuss your training needs with us. Such visits are offered to bone fide decision makers who have budgets and who have the authority to book events with us. Once we know exactly what you're looking for and how much you're willing to invest, we will be pleased to make some suggestions and (better still) show you around the most suitable options available on the dates you've specified.
- | Hathersage Village | | How to get here by air, road & rail |
- Peak Activities Limited 's Adventure Training & Outdoor Activities & Special Interest Breaks-
- Alphabetical Help Index
- | The Hope Valley | | The Peak National Park |
- | Return to Index.| | List of Corporate Clients |
Group Accommodation for our bone fide customers... Telephone us on 01433-650345