Advanced caving &
potholing trips for fitter cave enthusiasts...
- Once a month Peak Activities Ltd run
events down caves with one or more
- vertical sections
or steep pitches requiring safety ropes, abseiling, etc.
- ( this vertical aspect defines a potholing trip ). These trips are ideal for those
- who are fairly adventurous and are
not for the faint heated. They
are led by
- our most experienced
as Tony Kendall
( a County Caving
- Advisor) and John Thomas,
Steve Pope, Dave Baines and
- Click here for
dates & Prices
of all our Caving Weekends Open to the Public
- Serious potholing is
strenuous and is not for the unfit !
- Everything you
is provided, including waterproof
- wellington boots, hard
Lamps, spare lights, teas
- and coffees, etc.
- If you're wriggling
through cave passages you can expect to get
- very scruffy and
possibly moist but you'll have a great experience !
- AS FEATURED BY THE
SUNDAY TIMES TRAVEL SECTION
- & ON BBC1 TELEVISION
WITH PRESENTER IAN WRIGHT.
Click for dates & prices of potholing events & easier
beginners weekends open to individuals, couples &
CLICK HERE FOR LOTS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CAVING WITH PEAK ACTIVITIES LTD.
We specialise in bespoke events for exclusive parties all year round.
Call us if you want to arrange a private potholing trip or a multisports
event for your group from work, social club, stag group or and hen group.
We also run
events and assessments for aspirant instructors
from time to time...
Check out our
late bookings file
COVER for OUR potholing & CAVING CLIENTS
- Whilst most of our centre's basic activities
are for complete novices,
- our adults advanced trips are only for those
who are reasonably fit
- and enthusiastic and confident about being
in some fairly tight and
- claustrophobic places. These are often a
long way from the cave
- entrance so our normal fitness guidelines
do not apply for extreme
- events ! Such popular trips can only be undertaken
safely in small
- groups with two or more of Peak Activities'
- All activities are fully
- It's been very difficult in recent months
getting liability insurance for
- potholing and caving. If you are shopping
around for caving suppliers
- our advice is to make sure the providers
have adequate CURRENT
- insurance in place.
- We do not take youngsters into tight or frightening
sections of caves
- unless they've undergone a careful series
of preparatory training sessions.
- Most underground abseiling
and ladder climbing is similarly prefaced by
- above ground training sessions to build up
clients confidence and experience.
- Some advanced cavers enjoying
- and some daylight out in
the Plough Inn's
- beer garden on the edge of
- Going for a drink and a meal
together is a
- good way to forge friendships
and round off
- a good day exploring deep
- ROCK LEA's POTHOLING TRIPS
BEEN HIGHLY ACCLAIMED
" Ushuaia " with Matt Dickenson.
"The Sunday Times" Travel Section
( click here for a recent article published in the
Sunday Times )
Telegraph" & " Independent " Travel Sections
BBC1 and BBC2
"Breakout" & " 11th Hour "
...and by hundreds
of delighted individual and corporate clients !
- Corporate hospitality
- Rachel Kabra wrote
- after a tough follow
up caving trip with our
- instructors Tony, John
& Carole : -
- "Thank you and
your team once again for a
- totally exhilerating
& enjoyable weekend.
- Grateful thanks in
particular to Carole for
- her seemingly endless
patience with (unfit)
- me, and to John for
calmly helping me through
- near physical and
mental breakdown in
the cave !
- After that, running
my company is going to seem
- like a piece of cake
- Rachel Kabra, Director,
Red Letter Days.
- Just a few of our team
of team of caving instructors, all of whom have been working
- at Rock Lea with Peak
Activities Ltd for over 10 years. Steve Pope (3rd left) is one
- our caving technical
advisors who has a first class certificate of competence as an
- HM Mines Inspector.
- Rock Lea has a reputation for not being the
cheapest place you can go
- caving, but we're one of the best for safety and value. Basically we just
- won't cut corners with staffing ratios. We
do supply more supervisory
- staff than many other providers. In situations
like the tight squeeze
- illustrated above, however, we firmly believe
that having plenty of tutors
- helping you from in front and behind you
seems a good idea ! If you ask
- a qualified Member of the Institute of Purchasing
& Supply such as Peter
- here, he'll probably concur that down in
the cave, price-cutting pales into
- insignificance compared with the level of
service and safety standards being
- applied by our tutors !
- Company Directors Iain
Jennings (left ) and Tony Kendall (Caving Director ) right.
- Photo (above) Peter Brookes
MCIPS, is one of Peak Activities
- longest-serving part-time climbing &
caving instructors. Here Pete's
- helping lead an adult group on an open course
through a tight section
- down England's deepest cave, which is just
18 minutes drive from
- We run advanced and intermediate
courses for over 18's almost
- every month throughout the year. These are
events open to members
- of the public. The trips can also be booked
by stag groups,
- corporate groups, etc.
- Below : Maria, one of our enthusiastic first-time
- a ladder pitch in a section of the deepest
cave system in England
- - located close to our centre Rock
Lea. On such trips we use folding
- Electron ladders protected by multiple resin
- Great fun if you're reasonably fit and willing
to have a go at something
- a little more strenuous than a day watching
the telly ! Peter (above) is
- one of the many instructors at Rock Lea who
has come up through the
- ranks from our client base. Many caving and
- courses later he's a Euiain Jones qualified
mountain rescue first aider,
- an SPSA instructor and highly trained &
experienced cave instructor.
- When he's not climbing & caving &
mountain biking with us, Peter is
- an well known expert in the field of purchasing
& benchmarking the
- quality of nearly all of the UK's railway
& automatic signalling
- equipment. In a way Peter's a good example
of the "culture fit"
- we experience here....people who appreciate
quality and safety
- and having a good time with fellow enthusiasts
like to hang out
- with us and join our fellowship !
Easier caving possibilities...
potholing event fixtures open for individuals aged 18+...
Other sports available
for private groups offered by Peak Activities Ltd.
events for groups...
Some of our staff...
HOW TO MAKE YOUR