What happens if it rains or the weather is really bad during my event with Peak Activities ?Hathersage rarely has bad weather, we simply have lots of different kinds of good weather and you can enjoy lots of our activities & have loads of fun even if it's raining as long as you are well prepared with suitable waterproof clothing !
- Many of our fun sports activities and all our
- training events are designed to be "weather-proof"
- so they wil go ahead and be enjoyable in most
- conditions, including rain, especially when our
- customers have a good sense of humour.
- Snow, strong winds and heavy rain can affect
- someof our activities. However, activities such
- as abseiling, caving, orienteering, treasure hunts
- & mountain biking are all fairly "weather-proof".
- We can provide waterproofs and, of course, it
- never ever rains inside the local pubs !
- We strongly suggest group organisers should
- consider putting a few such weather-proof activities
- into any multi-activity programme you're planning with
- us- this gives our staff the flexibility to switch things
- around for you if it rains or snows or is extremely
- windy. Our terms and conditions of business require
- customers to allow our staff to change programmes
- if it is deemed unsafe to undertake any activity
- because of inclement weather conditions.
- HAVING FUN EVEN IF IT'S RAINING !
- ALL GUESTS ARE ASKED TO BRING ALONG A WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF JACKET. We can usually provide guests who haven't got their own gear with equipment such_as anoraks, wellies and waterproof suits to help keep everyone warm and reasonably dry.
- Training events are rarely spoiled by bad weather,
- because a series of indoor exercises & alternative outdoor
- options is built into every day's set of training choices.
- One-day events of sports involving activities such as rock-climbing
- can be quite tricky when the rocks are wet. Climbing isn't so much
- fun when the rain is running off the hand holds into your armpits !
- ( However, don 't forget it never rains inside pubs ! )
- Similarly dinghy sailing is a tad frustrating if there is no wind !
- Too much wind is bad for sailing - and gliding. If you call us we'll
- be pleased to help you choose a blend of activities & bad weather
- options that that will work whatever the weather has in store.
- Trust us ! :-)
All group leaders wil be asked beforehand what activities are required as "bad weather" options. It is important that any under 18's get parental permission to do the agreed bad weather electives as well as the principal good weather choices. See our under 1s parental consent form We regret we're unable to refund fees to groups because of bad weather, so careful pre-event planning of bad weather options and staffing for alternatives is a key part of getting your event "right first time." This applies to adults events as well as youngsters programmes.
Return to main index...
Easy caving is a great bad weather alternative activity...
So is orienteering...Treasure Hunts are great in the wet - especially pirate treasure hunts using rowing boats !
Abseiling is good even if you don't bring your umbrella...
LIST OF ALL THE ALTERNATIVE ACTIVITIES...
.... Rock Lea, Station Rd., Hathersage, S32 1DD. Tel. 01433-650345