Accommodation for our group clients
- Meaningful and worthwhile outdoor & indoor based development
- training using the outdoors doesn't have to be all about draughty
- old bunks and sleeping bags...unless that's what you'd prefer !
- This page describes some of the luxurious accommodation we
- offer the groups booking our outdoor activities & training events.
- Nowadays many of the most cost-effective training investments
- we run for our clients are based in very comfortable & well appointed
- three and four star hotels or exclusive conference centres in and
- around the lovely and accessible Peak District National Park.
- Some of Peak Activities Ltd's clients now bring delegates
- in for international events with us from as far away as
- Finland, Switzerland and Sweden, so we're keen to make
- sure that, having travelled so far to reach here, their
- discerning guests enjoy the very best that their available
- budgets can achieve.
- Scroll down the page for guide prices.
The four star hotels we use are especially popular with groups who appreciate fine food and wines.
- TYPICAL PRICES VARY ...
- Prices up in Derbyshire and South Yorkshire are much less than
- we are used to paying in cities such as London, Berlin or Geneva.
- This part of our iain.co.uk website has impressions of the quality
- and excellent value of the four star hotels and some of the
- conference centres from which we run training courses in the
- accessible Hope Valley and in nearby Sheffield for many of our
- Blue Chip training customers. We think you'll be amazed at the
- attractive prices and complete reliability of the accommodation
- suppliers on our approved and accredited accommodation supplier
- Sunset on the moorlands lying between Rock Lea and the hotel pictured above.
- This is a great place to take groups orienteering and climbing...and much more !
- OF COURSE, IT'S YOUR TRAIN SET !
- CALL US IF YOU PREFER TO STAY IN SIMPLER LOCAL
- ACCOMMODATION SUCH AS AN INN, B&B OR A HOSTEL.
- CLICK for details of OTHER (SIMPLER) ACCOMMODATION.
- of secluded landscaped grounds and ornamental lake, this venue gets a lot
- of repeat bookings from our customers.
- As travel by low costs airlines such as EasyJet and Go
- becomes so much more cost-effective, and as local hotels
- are such good value, we are increasingly finding that a lot of
- firms based throughout Europe are finding it very cost effective
- to fly in to nearby Liverpool or Manchester Airportsand stay here
- in the spectacular Peak District with us. More Travel Information
- This foot of the page also has some "top tips" from Peter Daughtrey,
- our Training Director. We have several tried and proven excellent
- accommodation options which Peak Activities' Trainers can offer
- corporate clients in addition to bases in and around our centre in
- the heart of the charming village of Hathersage.
- Above : Just one of the many training rooms we can use when we base events in this 4 star hotel.
- Juggling Ball Park Figures :
- Detailed information including menus and specific quotes for specific
- venues is made available when clients come here to have a look at our
- facilities and look over the accommodation that's available on the
- dates they wish to book. Clients should be aware that hotels are
- seasonal so a quote for one size of party one month may not be the
- same as a quote for a different start day and different sized party in
- another month. By and large, however, our four star accommodation
- is normally not less than £89 per person for B&B single occupancy of
- double and twin rooms - and not often more than £120 per person.
- There are always special deals, of course, from time to time which
- will break these minimum figures.
- As you'd expect, if you want a ballroom and a live band plus a 5 course
- banquet for 120 folks it's going to cost you a tad more more than a
- syndicate room for 12 people ! However, once all the varying parameters
- are specified in writing we can usually get some very attractive deals from
- our approved suppliers on our approved accommodation suppliers database.
- Other pages on our website also offer more images and information
- on the luxurious four star hotels, conference centres and leisure clubs
- which are frequently used by groups using Peak Activities Ltd's
- Training & Corporate Hospitality Divisions. Click here for example
- to see information and lots of images showing a brand new hotel we
- are endorsing which offers extremely good deals for customers booking
- through our blue-chip clients reservation service.
- Some clients booking corporate events and/or training programmes with us require four star luxury and/or hotels for large numbers of people. The small hotels in & around Hathersage can only cater for modest sized parties so we have a range of several preferred four star hotels within a very short scenic drive of our centre. These can be easily reached in our centre's minibuses or by car. These are all ideal for training courses, , corporate hospitality, social gatherings, entertaining VIP's, and corporate sales meetings.
- For example, the Hotel on the western edge of Sheffield
- (illustrated below) is one of our preferred venues for discerning
- groups who want to combine four star hotel luxury with a
- challenging outdoor training programme. The two are not
- necessarily mutually exclusive...and the prices can be very
- competitive if you book through us.
- We can transfer you from the hotel to your activity sites with our own fleet of
- air conditioned 4x4 minibuses... or by coach if you prefer.
- Below : The indoor swimming pool at this comfortable hotel is just one of this
- very fine base's many attractions for our training and corporate events clients.
- At the end of the day there's few things better than a relaxing swim back at the
- hotel or in Hathersage village on the open air heated pool just outside
- our base - Rock Lea.
- Pool at one of the four star hotels in Sheffield which Peak Activities Ltd often uses.
Telephone : +44 (0)1433-650345
M1 Junction 33 less than 5 miles away.
Sheffield railway station only 2 miles taxi ride .
- London is less than 1 hour away by air.
MAPS SHOWING WHERE WE ARE...
INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET HERE...
- For more details call us today on 01433-650345 or 07771-855105
- with your group's numbers and your preferred dates & requirements.
- The Marriott Hotel offers 115 bedrooms, acres of secluded lawns and
- landscaped grounds with an ornamental lake suitable for team games
- & ample free private parking for 200 cars. From the hotel, the journey
- across to the Hope Valley is short (c. 10 minutes) but quite spectacular,
- crossing the moors and crags such as Stanage Edge which separate
- the Peak Park from the compact ru-urban fringe of Sheffield.
- We can easily collect and return guests by minibus...and the journey
- to and from our centre and activity sites is quick & pleasant over the
- scenic moorland illusrtated at the top of this page.
- Groups from client companies such as Bosch, Eastern Group, and Transco have stayed at the hotel in Sheffield with us - and have enjoyed the hotel's many excellent training and lavish meetings rooms - and other luxurious facilities such as the luxurious indoor swimming pool, sauna, solarium, steam room, Nautilus Gymnasium and beauty treatment centre. See some recent kind client comments.
- 24 hour delegate rate c. £140-00 (single room) £90 (sharing a twin room).
- Weekend single room 24 hr rate c. £95-00. Peak Activities Ltd can often
- help to arrange special deals for group organisers if events are booked well
- in advance, so call us on 01433-650345 to check these out.
- Non-residential daily delegate ratefrom c. £35-00/delegate (includes lunch).
- (prices may very from time to time and according to your group's size and needs)
Your next adventure starts Here....We can book groups into a wide range of other group accommodation options which we are tried and trusted. Phone us to discuss your group's requirements.
This popular venue in Hathersage is a privately owned listed Manor House & Conference Centre in private ownership. It sleeps up to 56 people in two/three star comfort. It has its own private grounds and gardens and all bedrooms are en suite. Our corporate clients who have enjoyed staying there have included TXU, Norwich Union, Powergen and Transco to name but few.
Guide prices c. £100 to £120 per delegate per day, fully inclusive of meeting room hire costs.Groups of 6 to 50 are welcome ! Exclusive occupancy may also be possible for larger parties booking well ahead.
- If you're wanting activities as well as accommodation
- make an appointment to look around & discuss your
- groups needs with us.
- Time invested on reconnaissance is seldom wasted !
A message from Iain Jennings FCIPD, Managing Director" Whether a group booking activities with us wants four or five star luxury or a more modest two star hotel or a hostel, Programme Organisers wanting to book activities are always welcome to come over here to Hathersage to meet with us and let us show you around. You'll only be shown the best available accommodation options for what you have in mind and how much you have to invest. We suggest that if you're fairly committed to exploring ways and means of buying from us and if you also know the dates you require and the numbers and approximate costs involved, then investing a little time in looking around a few of our chosen venues during a planning workshop session will be time very well spent for all concerned. As they say, Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance and time spent on having a look-see is seldom wasted Please bear in mind, however, that we earn our living from planning & running events involving our tutors and instructors and chartered training specialists such as Peter and me. We are not some sort of free tourist information point, so we regret we are not in a position to simply advise people wanting accommodation per se. For example we can't show people around our approved venues in person if they are not committed to also buying our products and services. For this reason trips around various venues and firm quotes are normally combined with planning workshop sessions which are normally convened at Rock Lea and which are, moreover, charged for to screen out people who may otherwise be wasting our consultants' time. This keeps our running costs down for the bone fide clients who do want to take advantage of the extensive local knowledge and expertise we've built up over the 25 years we've been working in this field in this geographical area."
THE WIDE RANGE OF OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ON OFFER...
What some of our Corporate Clients have to say about our tailored programmes...
Group Accommodation page...
Accommodation for small groups...
CORPORATE HOSPITALITY EVENTS...
OUTDOOR & INDOOR MANAGEMENT TRAINING...
Tailoring unique activities & corporate activities designed just for you ! Telephone : +44 (0)1433-650345 Fax +44(0)1433-650342